Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Christmas Angel

You hear of Christmas Angels but rarely does one have there own. This year I have a Christmas Angel. Last Friday this Angel touched my life in ways they will never know. God knew we needed this Angel.
As everyone knows Shobi and I have been going through the immigration process for over 3 years now. Getting our hopes up just to have them destroyed. A year ago I went out to Pakistan for our final interview. We were told at our interview that we were approved but had to wait 2 to 3 months until he was to get his green card visa. Very disappointed I came home at Christmas without him. Happy that we were approved but sad to still be without him. March came and so did new from the Embassy in Islamabad that they has decided to take away our approval and deny him. Without any email just a phone call from the translator I found it very suspicious so I called back the Embassy. Staying up until 2am to do so only to be treated rudely and hung up on. Needless to say we were now told to file a Hardship Waiver. After contacting my Lawyer and working on the hardship papers for 4 months I sent them off to Shobi so he could hand deliver them to the Embassy. They will have it no other way. He bought his ticket to fly and found a hotel only to be told when he got there that they were incomplete. Having a nervous breakdown I called my Lawyer asking her why she said they were complete and them saying they were not. No Real answer from her. So again .... this time I did research myself in what was suppose to be in a Hardship Waiver and realized she had dropped the ball. Her daughter was getting married so I think it was just the very basics she did for me. Anyways 130 pages later and $125 to mail it Shobi has the hardship in hand. The only problem now was coming up with the money needed to fly him there and give him a place to stay for the night. We knew that we would come up with it in time knowing it would just be longer wait for us to be together.
This is where the Christmas Angel comes into play. Knowing how long we have waited and how much longer it will be once we turn in our Hardship papers. This Angel didn't want us to wait and help us out getting his ticket to fly. I can not say in words how much I love and appreciate this Angel. It was very hard for me to accept this generous offer of help but the Angel would not take no for an anwser. Thank you God for sending this Angel into my life. They have touched my life in more ways then one. Shobi thanks you from the bottom of his heart. Shobi will now be flying over this weekend to deliver the Hardship papers instead of sometime next month. We ask for everyones prays that they will accept the papers and send then on to New Dehli for processing and that some how ours will end up on top of the stack and not the bottom. We have waited so long and it is getting extremely hard for both of us. I might put on a strong front but that is all it is. Please pray for us and Thank you my Christmas Angel! Thank you!

3 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I am so glad that you have a Christmas Angel. Your for sure in our prayers.

Kristy said...

What a wonderful Christmas Angel! We will definitely keep you in our prayers. We love you guys!

Steph said...

Suzanne this is awesome! I can't wait to see you next so we can chat!! You deserve it more than anyone! Our prayers are with you guys!!